TEAM for SCRUM

  • pdunkley1968
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 8, 2005
      I represent an Australian based software company (www.taskey.com)
      that
      has a web based TEAM work coordination/collaboration tool that I
      believe could offer an ideal solution for ScrumMasters around the
      world.

      I have setup an example Sprint on our ASP site.

      I would love to get some feedback from practising ScrumMasters on
      what
      TEAM can offer as a general management tool to support scrum.

      Please go to http://team.taskey.com/taskey/team/webteam.dll, click on
      user login and use login: tight password: 3
    • Mishkin Berteig
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 8, 2005
        Doesn't support mozilla (or any other
        standards-compliant web browser) so it fails my needs
        immediately. Sorry.

        Mishkin Berteig
        mishkin@...
        http://www.agileadvice.com/

        --- pdunkley1968 <pauld@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        I represent an Australian based software company
        (www.taskey.com)
        that
        has a web based TEAM work coordination/collaboration
        tool that I
        believe could offer an ideal solution for ScrumMasters
        around the
        world.

        I have setup an example Sprint on our ASP site.

        I would love to get some feedback from practising
        ScrumMasters on
        what
        TEAM can offer as a general management tool to support
        scrum.

        Please go to
        http://team.taskey.com/taskey/team/webteam.dll, click
        on
        user login and use login: tight password: 3

        scrumdevelopment@...

        Scrum

        Terms of Service.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • woynam
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 9, 2005
          What's with the Internet Exploder only thing? Doesn't anyone believe
          in following open standards anymore?

          Mark

          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "pdunkley1968" <pauld@t...>
          wrote:
          > I represent an Australian based software company (www.taskey.com)
          > that
          > has a web based TEAM work coordination/collaboration tool that I
          > believe could offer an ideal solution for ScrumMasters around the
          > world.
          >
          > I have setup an example Sprint on our ASP site.
          >
          > I would love to get some feedback from practising ScrumMasters on
          > what
          > TEAM can offer as a general management tool to support scrum.
          >
          > Please go to http://team.taskey.com/taskey/team/webteam.dll, click
          on
          > user login and use login: tight password: 3
        • Sam Edwards
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 9, 2005

            I tried clicking on the url you provided, and got a “page cannot be found.”

            Sam

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 9, 2005

              Remove the comma from the end of the URL.

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 11, 2005
                I took a look at it. It is probably somewhat overly complex (nothing
                quite like what Jeff Sutherland has going), but it is interesting. To
                overgeneralize, like many of these types of applications, it attempts
                to be all thing to all people for all of their needs.

                --
                Corey Thompson
                coreyt@...
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 13, 2005
                  woynam wrote:
                  > What's with the Internet Exploder only thing? Doesn't anyone believe
                  > in following open standards anymore?

                  It's getting harder and harder. I have switched my telephone billing
                  back from electronic to paper - you have to use IE (at the default, i.e.
                  least secure, settings) to view the bill details. The perception is that
                  IE is the only browser worth supporting, because in the words of the
                  tech support person I complained to, "it's too complex to support
                  multiple browsers." Standards? Who needs 'em when you've got Microsoft.

                  --
                  Jim
                • Dog Hobjob
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 14, 2005
                    All this "no TEAM without IE" business seems pretty uninformed. My
                    company runs on TEAM. I won't say it's not without some flaws, but
                    that's beside the point. I use TEAM with Firefox almost daily without
                    issue.

                    Nothing to see here. Please move along. We now return you to your
                    regularly scheduled SCRUM discussion. Dead-horse beating, browser
                    standards flavor, is the next isle over.
                  • Ken Boucher
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 14, 2005
                      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Dog Hobjob" <pauls@b...>
                      wrote:
                      > All this "no TEAM without IE" business seems pretty uninformed.

                      I followed the provided link with booth Firefox and Safari and this is
                      as far as I could get:
                      "You can't log into TASKey Team because you browser is not currently
                      supported. You require Internet Explorer version 5 or above."

                      Now granted, this was after it opened a new window, resized it, and
                      gets rid of the chrome, which preety much tells me that the people
                      behind TEAM don't actually care about what the end user actually
                      wants, possibly because they think they know better than the user
                      what the enviroment should be like.

                      Now if you could show me how to get the link working in a new tab in
                      Firefox or Safari with all the existing chrome, I'd really appreciate
                      it because I'm simply too uninformed to do it myself.
                    • Keith Kinneberg
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 14, 2005
                        I finally, given all the browser noise, had to try out the tool using IE of course.   I use whatever
                        browser it takes to do the job.

                        The first impression was offense that windows filled the entire screen and I had to repeatedly
                        resize.   After a while that stopped but started again after logging in again.   Even after
                        setting screen size/resolution option in the tool to more pixels.    This behavior indicates the
                        tool is aimed at novice users who don't know there are more windows than the one on top.

                        The login screen message "... After a rigorous and extensive testing process, the upgrade was
                        a great success, with minimal disruption to all users."  gave me a sick feeling and thinking "Yeah, right".

                        The tool has top down command and control written all over it ... or at least all over the example.
                        The TEAM  figures out who does what and how to break tasks down.  What is that WBS code?
                        Work Breakdown ...?

                        I expect mental pictures for everything but there are almost none except for task completion.
                        Even the "sprint backlog" and so forth tree somehow serves to hide what is going on.
                        AS a team member I want to know the entirety of what is going on.  I've the impression that
                        the Master who assigns "responsibilities" is the only one with that.

                        Does this outfit know anything about SCRUM?   If they did they would have an example
                        scrum of their own and would present it with proprietary and personal info removed.

                        We were more communicative on BDUF waterfall projects than the tool seems to enable.
                        The tool could use some humanizing al la this advice to George Bush, "... so just
                        swagger down the driveway and meet with this courageous Gold Star Mother."

                        Keith Kinneberg, not a Scrum Master

                        pdunkley1968 wrote:
                        I represent an Australian based software company (www.taskey.com)
                        that
                        has a web based TEAM work coordination/collaboration tool that I
                        believe could offer an ideal solution for ScrumMasters around the
                        world.

                        I have setup an example Sprint on our ASP site.

                        I would love to get some feedback from practising ScrumMasters on
                        what
                        TEAM can offer as a general management tool to support scrum.

                        Please go to http://team.taskey.com/taskey/team/webteam.dll, click on
                        user login and use login: tight password: 3

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • martha_dienst
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 7, 2005
                          Looks like you're on the right track... However, didn't see any place
                          for the Product Backlog. Charting could use some improvement to be
                          more scrum-ish. Check out controlchaos.com to see examples.

                          Best wishes,
                          martha