Scrum Offshore - strategies?

  • banshee858
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      I know some of these concepts has been discussed on and around this
      list, but I would be curious to learn how some people might implement
      Scrum with the ScrumMaster in the US and the developers offshore?

      I think Scrum would be a good fit in this situation because the
      Backlog is set for 30 days, you have Daily Scrum to check on progress
      and at the end of 30 days functionality is inspected. I would also
      see the ScrumMaster maybe spending more time with the Product Owner
      ensuring acceptance tests are automated and things like that. Would
      it be necessary to have developers come together (i.e. fly in from
      offshore) with the Product Owner once a month at the review? How
      would others here see it?

      Carlton
    • Hubert Smits
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2005
        Hmmm, I'm not sure if this would fly. Offshoring with a CSM close to
        the team is already difficult, the communication with the product
        owner/customer tends to be problematic. And usually the team is hit by
        time differences, language problems and cultural differences. So
        separating the team from its leader is the last thing I'd do. Scrum
        (and agile) is about the people, and thus about communication.

        Just my 2p.

        --Hubert