Re: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 249

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2003
      On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 9:07:47 PM, Hal Macomber wrote:

      > I am quite interested in daily status blogs. I've been talking up p-logs among my
      > colleagues for awhile. John Udell's article of a few years back got me interested. There
      > are four things a p-log needs to do: (IMO)

      Have you tried this, or talked to people who have?

      If not now, when? -- The Talmud
    • Andrew Gilmartin
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2003
        Traction by Traction Software [1] is a great project log tool. Udell has
        reviewed it [2]. The original design for the tool was as a true project log.
        Log entries could be added via email or the web (with attachments). Log
        entries could be categorized on a paragraph by paragraph basis. Searches on
        a category only showed the relevant paragraph from the whole entry.
        Categorizations might be about content ("competion", "jabber"), or process
        ("bug:27","milestone"), or importance ("news"). The project log could then
        be displayed by content, ordered by date, and formatted according to
        importance. Current versions have very good integration with Microsoft
        Outlook.

        [1] http://www.tractionsoftware.com/
        [2] http://radio.weblogs.com/0100887/2002/07/19.html

        -- Andrew