"Toolkits" for Scrum Masters

  • Schiel James - SHS Malvern
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
      Folks,

      Has anyone taken a run at creating a lightweight toolkit for Scrum Masters that will help those that have taken the certification course to launch Scrums? Not just a backlog template, but FAQs, frequent issues, things to watch for,...?

      SIEMENS Medical Solutions - Health Services
      Jim Schiel, CSM Practitioner, Sr. Manager
      Program Owner, Soarian Common Applications
      51 Valley Stream Parkway, Malvern, PA 19355-1406
      Phone: +01 610 219 3033, Mobile: +01 484 941 4273
      E-Mail: James.Schiel@...
      Txt Msgs: JASchiel@...

      Thank you
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
        A few of us hope to take another run at a FAQ. Interested to answer
        some questions for us? I'll be posting here looking for input once we
        build our backlog of questions.

        Suggestions are welcome. Our site is in fledgling state, but you can
        leave suggestions here for FAQ questions.
        http://scrumfaq.editme.com/SuggestedFAQ

        Our Product Owner will sort thru them and set priorities before we set
        off on our first sprint. Stay tuned.

        deb

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Schiel James - SHS Malvern
        <james.schiel@s...> wrote:

        > Folks,
        >
        > Has anyone taken a run at creating a lightweight toolkit for Scrum
        Masters
        > that will help those that have taken the certification course to launch
        > Scrums? Not just a backlog template, but FAQs, frequent issues,
        things to
        > watch for,...?
        >
        > _____________________________________________________<?xml:namespace
        prefix
        > = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
        >
        > SIEMENS Medical Solutions - Health Services
        > Jim Schiel, CSM Practitioner, Sr. Manager
        > Program Owner, Soarian Common Applications
        > 51 Valley Stream Parkway, Malvern, PA 19355-1406
        > Phone: +01 610 219 3033, Mobile: +01 484 941 4273
        > E-Mail: James.Schiel@s... <mailto:James.Schiel@s...>
        > Txt Msgs: JASchiel@v... <mailto:JASchiel@v...>

        > This message and any included attachments are from Siemens Medical
        Solutions
        > USA, Inc. and are intended only for the addressee(s).
        > The information contained herein may include trade secrets or
        privileged or
        > otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review,
        forwarding, printing,
        > copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly
        prohibited and may
        > be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason
        to believe
        > you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this
        message and
        > notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice@s...
        >
        > Thank you
      • Hubert Smits
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
          There is also the recent initiative to create a playbook. We did some
          work around it at the gathering, and as far as I know it is still in a
          draft format. Check the ScrumAlliance website for a copy.

          Further I have my own toolkit with books, simulations, post-it notes,
          presentations etc. I think it is key that you build this from your own
          experience, just copying what others do is not necessarily
          successfull.

          --Hubert