FW: [scrumdevelopment] Basic question (I think): Product Owner role during sprint

  • Mike Dwyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005

      Michael F. Dwyer

      Mike.Dwyer1@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: mike.dwyer1@... [mailto:mike.dwyer1@...]
      Sent:
      Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:00 PM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Basic question (I think): Product Owner role during sprint

      This is a good question that we have been going over.  Since the Product Owner in our part of the world is an account manager with P&L responsibilty we have agreed that a PO is someone who has to face our President and CFO and explain how things are going as well as explain to the customers and clients how we can meet their needs.

      Our job then, can be defined as making sure the PO has everything we can do that will provide her honest, ethical, and reliable information to work with.  This does not include 'good' or 'positive' news just the above.

      --
      Mike Dwyer

      "I Keep six faithful serving-men
      Who serve me well and true:
      Their names are What and Where and When
      And How and Why and Who." - Kipling

      > All,
      > I've read a good deal of the posts on this group, and
      > both available books on Scrum, and am still a bit
      > confused on the role of the
      PO *during* the sprint.