Re: [scrumdevelopment] Pigs are offensive?

    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 29, 2005
      On Tuesday, June 28, 2005, at 9:22:37 AM, Jim McCusker wrote:

      > Personally, while reasonable people can differ on what can be considered
      > to be offensive, short of religious reasons (hating pork: not just for
      > muslims anymore!), people who find this dumb joke offensive should
      > probably take themselves less seriously. It's a joke! It's team
      > self-deprecation, which you need to do so that the team members can
      > remember it's about results, not them. Letting themselves get offended
      > by percieved slights like this one is a symptom of deeper problems. If
      > you can't laugh, then you'll cry.

      A good joke is one that the listener finds funny.

      Agility is not an inescapable law of purity
      but a pragmatic principle of effectiveness. -- Marc Hamann
    • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net
      Message 48 of 48 , Jun 29, 2005
        At least I don't have any silent 'e' to hide. 8^)

        I did want to ask if you used any references to BBQ sauce when you told the story.  OPPS  Sorry Hubert.

        --
        Mike Dwyer

        "I Keep six faithful serving-men
        Who serve me well and true: