[Ann] Article on evolutionary database design

  • Martin Fowler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2003
      My colleague Pramod Sadalage and I have written an article on
      Evolutionary Database Design see:
      http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/evodb.html

      "Over the last few years we've developed a number of techniques that
      allow a database design to evolve as an application develops. This is a
      very important capability for agile methodologies. The techniques rely
      on applying continuous integration and automated refactoring to database
      development, together with a close collaboration between DBAs and
      application developers. The techniques work in both pre-production and
      released systems."