- 12 Feb 2001 Lightweight Process Convocation 2001
A meeting of "who's who" in software development methodologies
convened at Snowbird in Utah to create the Agile Alliance and deliver
a "Manifesto for Agile Software Development."
I joined an intense group of SCRUM, XP, DSDM, FDD, and
Crystal/Adaptive process innovators for fascinating discussion of the
future of software development.
Attendees were Back James,Bartolo Ivan,Beck Kent,Beedle Mike,Cockburn
Alistair,Cunningham Ward,Fowler Martin,Grenning James,Highsmith Jim,
Hunt Andy,Jeffries Ron,Kern Jon,Maric Brian,Martin Robert,Mellor
Steve,Schwaber Ken,Sutherland Jeff,Thomas Thomas
The manifesto, as pertains to Scrum, is below:
"Scrum conforms to the principles of the Agile Alliance, which is
uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping
others do it. The motto of the Agile Alliance is "software through
Members of the Agile Alliance value:
· Individuals and interactions over process and tools
· Working software over comprehensive documents
· Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
· Responding to change over following a plan"