Re: [scrumdevelopment] Waterfall and Dr. Winston Royce

  • Robert Henley
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 14, 2002
      Martin Fowler wrote:

      > I often say that the only problem with waterfalls is when they are too
      > large. It's reasonable to kayak the Rogue River, it isn't wise to Kayak
      > over Niagara Falls

      Which is exactly the point of lean production: small lot sizes work better.
      And an excellent example; I laughed out loud. Thank you!
      Robert Henley
      Software Architect & Engineer
    • Kevin McIntosh
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 15, 2002
        I'm sure you couldn't convince this guy that going over Niagara Falls is such a bad idea...

        http://www.taoberman.com/ <---- Nothing to do with PM.

        -Kevin.