RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum, Xp, Agile and Project Portfolio Management

  • geoffrey.c.watts@bt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2005

      The formal drive for agile from CEO level here began with the formation of agile thinking programmes of projects. All projects were to be prioritised by ROI and regularly reviewed. Only the most important ones providing good returns would be continued/started. The idea is this then trickles down into how the projects are to be organised before getting stuck into the actual work.

      The issue that has yet to be solved here is, as Bill suggested, getting information about the viability and cost of projects to analyse their relative merits but I certainly agree that large organisations can, and do, benefit from a more agile approach to their portfolio management as well as the actual software development.

      Geoff