XP2005 Activity: The Music of Agile Software Development
- Call for Participation
The Music of Agile Software Development
A significant number of members of the Agile community seem to have a
musical background, leading to a hypothesis that there are commonalities
between the two disciplines, both of which draw on diversely skilled
individuals, collaborating to create a common vision. While this notion
is purely anecdotal and subjective, it is interesting enough to explore
further, and this activity session is intended to delve into those
commonalities in more detail.
The aim is to allow participants to:
* have fun,
* making music,
* exploring new ideas, and
* providing new insights into Agile software development
While musical skills, background, or interest would be beneficial, they
are by no means required.
The following items are planned:
* Clapping Music - rehearsal and performance of an existing
composition, using nothing but hand claps.
* Improvisation - creation of new compositions to a theme, using simple
* Fishbowl discussion - sharing new or existing metaphors between music
and agile software development.
* Smaller group discussions - exchanging experiences and collating
The intended outcome is a set of new ways of thinking and talking about
agile software development, to be published on a wiki or other web site.