Re: None Microsoft Background...anyone?

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2005
      What is this Mac thing people talk about? I thought it was a myth...
      (too good to be true)

      I use what the overlords decree... so my vocabulary of colourful
      language comes in very useful on a regular basis :-)

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "David H." <dmalloc@g...> wrote:
      > Hello.
      >
      > Just out of curiosity.
      >
      > What operating system runs on your desktop and what is your background?
      > Mine runs Mac OS X and my background is from UNIX. I have maybe used a
      > Microsoft system once or twice but that is about it.
      > Since Management is usually tied to the use of M$ Products, I simply
      > would like to knwo what some of the numbers on this list are.
      >
      > Thank you :)
      >
      > -d
    • Keith Kinneberg
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2005
        Windows XP  desktop.   UNIX background.  Windows debug tools surpass UNIX...
        And down inside the remnants of UNIX show.  And in the old DOS days
        we looked at BIOS disk code and were amazed at routine names' similarity to UNIX kernel.

        Keith

        David H. wrote:
        Hello.

        Just out of curiosity.

        What operating system runs on your desktop and what is your background?
        Mine runs Mac OS X and my background is from UNIX. I have maybe used a
        Microsoft system once or twice but that is about it.
        Since Management is usually tied to the use of M$ Products, I simply
        would like to knwo what some of the numbers on this list are.

        Thank you :)

        -d

      • Diana Larsen
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2005
          Because I can choose my own machine....Mac OSX. I don't know what the
          background is.
          I capably use Windows on PCs at client sites and can make it work. But
          when it's my own money I'm spending, it's Mac for me. ;-)

          Diana