Re: Advice for using self-directed teams

  • Graeme Monk
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 29 12:38 AM
      Clint wrote:
      However there are portions of game that cannot be iterated with a free
      hand during production and the value of documentation (in the form of
      scripts, level designs, etc) is vastly more important at this phase.
      Level production teams can still self-direct, they can still scrum,
      etc but we cannot as easily reprioritize their product backlog every
      Sprint. Definitely a lesson learned on our first Scrum run project.
      We'll learn more the next time around.

      Clint's point of the value of documentation is very important. One of
      the rules of Scrum is 'Working software over comprehensive
      documentation'. When designing a level the documentation itself would
      set the feature or backlog list for that particular level, in fact it
      could almost be a mini project in its own right. Would this be a
      better approach for setting up such large projects rather than trying
      to run it as one complete project?