Re: [scrumdevelopment] Help! Srum for Contract Based SW Development

  • Vaibhaw Poddar
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 25, 2005
      Call it paranoid or intent out of the 5 projects that i have been part of in the last year at least 3 projects had the so called bugs in the bug list. To counter this (since this tends to happen a lot) we have a very tight documentation process setup. Every communication (Emails, Voice conference, IM Chats, Personal chat over the phone) with the client/PO is well recorded and the Team Leader is directly responsible for it. Also all communication is channelled through a single point so that keeping track of it is possible. This way the billable and non-billable work can be seperated along with the bug fixes and so called bug fixes.

      When talking about bug fixes, we tend to get quite a number of projects which are solely for bug-fixes. So we have to take in the code and design done by some other group and fix bugs in it. How can we create the product backlog and sprint backlog for these kinds of projects. Currently we ask the PO to provide a list of fixes they want and then start the fix from the end where it's the easiest to understand the system or is the most visible part. Any thoughts on this (It's surprising how many such projects are there out there)
      Bob (Vaibhaw Poddar)
      http://hither2forlorn.blogspot.com

      :To a kid with a hammer:
      :Everything looks like a Nail:

      Hubert Smits wrote:
      Ron,

      If you leave the suspicion out of your remark, i.e. the customer will
      pay for 'bug-fixes' (let's call 'm changes). Would that not lead to
      iterations?

      --Hubert