RE: [scrumdevelopment] pigs vs chickens

  • Kristan Vingrys
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 5 4:22 PM
      I understand that the customer should not talk in the stand-up meetings, but as a customer I sometimes find this is not pratical.

      When developers are starting to talk about an issue and are off track I feel that I should be able to speak up adn correct them. Or if they are discussing a problem and I have a potential solution by changing the requirement slightly, I also think I should speak up or in some cases I have some information about how the feature is going to be used which will help the issue.

      If as a Customer I cannot speak in a stand-up meeting and must wait until the end of an iteration before I can interact with the team, that seems wrong and not very agile.

      What is the best way to deal with this? Sometimes I keep quiet in the meeting and at the end seek out the people involved in a particular task so I can discuss the issue further. Is this how it should be handled, or should I just speak during the stand-up meeting but keep any chatter short and relevant to the current topics being discussed?

      Regards,

      Kristan

      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 7 5:01 AM

        I have seen the following simple protocol to have efficient meeting :
        - everyone states precisely what he wants from the meeting
        - at any point during the meeting, a check is done to know where each one is from getting what he wants

        In a standup meeting, the wants do not need to be stated each time but should have been defined from the beginning.
        Everybody :
        - wants to know what are his top priorities
        - wants to get his blocks removed and will accept any help
        The PO :
        - wants to know if she will get what she needs.

        Géry.

        "w6rabbit" <bwhite@...>

        06/04/2005 18:44
        Veuillez répondre à scrumdevelopment

                Pour :        scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
                cc :
                Objet :        [scrumdevelopment] Re: pigs vs chickens

        [...]

        Perhaps this is where our approach has an advantage.  The same rules
        apply to everyone.  You are allowed to talk about what you are
        working on, not what someone else is working on.  We've found that
        even the scrum master and other pigs can fall prey to this.  So this
        rule applies to pigs just as much as chickens.

        Brad.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/