Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Presentation Materials?

  • Mike Cohn
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hello--
      I've made a presentation on Scrum available and redistributable for
      situations just like this. You can find it on my site at
      http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/presentations.php Scroll down about
      halfway through the list of presentations to "An Overview of Scrum" (it's
      the one with the Creative Commons logo near it). All of the PowerPoint
      slides for that presentation are available.

      Good luck,
      Mike Cohn

      On 4/1/05 5:59 PM, "Thierry Thelliez" <thierry@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Using Scrum for the last 2 years, I have been volunteered to present
      > Scrum for a SPIN in New Mexico. I am looking for presentations I could
      > (re)use.
      >
      > I like Jeff Sutherland's presentation but I am planning on giving
      > more `applied' view. Not only will I be describing the
      > overall idea,
      > but I think it will be useful to present what our experience was and
      > what we learned. If you have documented your own implementation of
      > Scrum and can share it, let me know.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Thierry Thelliez
      > www.doxcelerate.com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Pam Rostal
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
        When and where will you be here in New Mexico? We're using Scrum for
        our software development apprenticeship program and would like our
        students to hear someone other than us.

        I'll also send you what we use to teach them because their teams are
        supposed to follow these procedures. (It doesn't always happen.)

        Pam

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
          I'm currently looking for case studie for the implementation of scrum in
          "non-software-development" projects. I'm specially intrested to see if
          somebody have experience with small companys and limited resources of
          manpower (matrix-organisation, project-members only part-time in project).

          Thanks in advance

          Albert Bachmann
        • mkoepke2000
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
            Mike,

            Thank you for this link. I'm about ready to try our first project
            using Scrum and I was going to ask if anyone had a presentation so I
            can roll it out to my development and SQA teams.

            Thanks,

            Mike Koepke

            Intrado

            Message 5 of 7 , May 18, 2005
              Pam,

              Just to let you know that the meeting will be in Albuquerque
              Wednesday, May 25, 2005
              11:30 AM to 1:00 PM at UNM Continuing Ed.

              See announcement at: http://abqspin.org/

              Thierry

              Message 6 of 7 , May 18, 2005
                Thierry, not sure if you can use this but... have you seen the Scrum
                simulation games? Bill Wake and Jean Tabaka have developed
                interesting Scrum simulations that might be useful to you, depending
                on the nature of the group you speak to.

                Bill's is here:
                http://xp123.com/g4p/0410b/index.htm

                Jean's is here:
                http://tinyurl.com/bgryh