Scrum Presentation Materials?

  • Thierry Thelliez
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hello,

      Using Scrum for the last 2 years, I have been volunteered to present
      Scrum for a SPIN in New Mexico. I am looking for presentations I could
      (re)use.

      I like Jeff Sutherland's presentation but I am planning on giving
      more `applied' view. Not only will I be describing the
      overall idea,
      but I think it will be useful to present what our experience was and
      what we learned. If you have documented your own implementation of
      Scrum and can share it, let me know.

      Thanks,
      Thierry Thelliez
      www.doxcelerate.com
    • Mike Cohn
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
        Hello--
        I've made a presentation on Scrum available and redistributable for
        situations just like this. You can find it on my site at
        http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/presentations.php Scroll down about
        halfway through the list of presentations to "An Overview of Scrum" (it's
        the one with the Creative Commons logo near it). All of the PowerPoint
        slides for that presentation are available.

        Good luck,
        Mike Cohn

        On 4/1/05 5:59 PM, "Thierry Thelliez" <thierry@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Using Scrum for the last 2 years, I have been volunteered to present
        > Scrum for a SPIN in New Mexico. I am looking for presentations I could
        > (re)use.
        >
        > I like Jeff Sutherland's presentation but I am planning on giving
        > more `applied' view. Not only will I be describing the
        > overall idea,
        > but I think it will be useful to present what our experience was and
        > what we learned. If you have documented your own implementation of
        > Scrum and can share it, let me know.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Thierry Thelliez
        > www.doxcelerate.com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Pam Rostal
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
          When and where will you be here in New Mexico? We're using Scrum for
          our software development apprenticeship program and would like our
          students to hear someone other than us.

          I'll also send you what we use to teach them because their teams are
          supposed to follow these procedures. (It doesn't always happen.)

          Pam

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2005
            I'm currently looking for case studie for the implementation of scrum in
            "non-software-development" projects. I'm specially intrested to see if
            somebody have experience with small companys and limited resources of
            manpower (matrix-organisation, project-members only part-time in project).

            Thanks in advance

            Albert Bachmann
          • mkoepke2000
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 4, 2005
              Mike,

              Thank you for this link. I'm about ready to try our first project
              using Scrum and I was going to ask if anyone had a presentation so I
              can roll it out to my development and SQA teams.

              Thanks,

              Mike Koepke

              Intrado

              Message 6 of 7 , May 18, 2005
                Pam,

                Just to let you know that the meeting will be in Albuquerque
                Wednesday, May 25, 2005
                11:30 AM to 1:00 PM at UNM Continuing Ed.

                See announcement at: http://abqspin.org/

                Thierry

                Message 7 of 7 , May 18, 2005
                  Thierry, not sure if you can use this but... have you seen the Scrum
                  simulation games? Bill Wake and Jean Tabaka have developed
                  interesting Scrum simulations that might be useful to you, depending
                  on the nature of the group you speak to.

                  Bill's is here:
                  http://xp123.com/g4p/0410b/index.htm

                  Jean's is here:
                  http://tinyurl.com/bgryh