Re: Decertification -

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2005
      This issue does remind me of a parable about Paganini. ... the story goes that as he was walking down the street in a strange town, he heard some horrible squeaky violin sounds coming from a house, on the front of which was painted the sign:

      Violin Lessons: 5 Schillings.

      Feeling bountiful that day, he stopped in and gave both the teacher and the student a courtesy lesson in teaching and playing the violin, and walked away well pleased with himself.

      Some time later, he was in that town again, so out of curiosity he passed by that house to see what had become of the teacher.

      He was horrified to hear the same squeaky sounds coming from the house, but double so when he read the advert sign, which now read:

      Violin Lessons / Studied under the great Paganini : 15 Schillings.