Looking for co-author(s) for Study on SCRUM and Security for the OWASP Papers Project.

  • David H.
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2005
      Dear Mailing List,

      I am fairly involved with OWASP (www.owasp.org). Right now a new
      sub-project is starting -> http://www.owasp.org/papers.html

      I have already arraged with Feff Wiliams the "father" of OWASP to have
      this paper published as part of the program.

      What I am going to try and look into is, how projects that are
      developed using SCRUM as well as many of the XP ideas might produce
      more secure code and thus products in the end. While I can cover most
      of the basic security aspects and the ideas of Scrum it would be great
      to have more than two eyes looking over this. The basic outline would
      be

      How does SCRUM influence development
      How do XP methods influence the code
      How secure can you be with little "analyses"
      Is Security also something that can be developed iteratively
      Security has to be thoroughly planned out before development begins (Yes/No?)

      Please feel free to complete the list. I would guess that 2 or 3
      people could join in, my goal is to release a draft within 1 month
      after interested parties jump in. Of course I would like to manage
      this via SCRUM :)

      Thank you for your time.

      -d