Re: [scrumdevelopment] Sprint Retrospective/ Hiring Scrum Developers-DB Programmers

  • derby@estherderby.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2005
      Jeff's idea of looking at blocks is a good one. There's other data that could be useful, too.

      Consider looking at (to name a few possiblities):

      -backlog items selected and finished
      -number of bugs introduced/fixed and other bug trends
      -significant events that happened during the sprint

      Find a way to get some sense of how people felt about their work, maybe with a histogram that shows how satisfied people were with their process and product.

      In my experience, starting with data and some sense of how people felt about thier work results in deeper insights when it comes to answering the question What would we do differently?

      I've posted some notes on retrospectives (with pictures) here:

      http://www.estherderby.com/weblog/archive/2004_10_01_archive.html#109741752540200367

      Esther

      Esther Derby
      Esther Derby Associates, Inc.
      Writer, Consultant, Facilitator: Insights you can use... 612-724-8114
      "The Secrets of Agile Teamwork: Beyond Technical Skills"
      Presenters: Diana Larsen, Esther Derby and Ken Schwaber.
      April 5-7, 2005 Email me for more details.
      Weblog: www.estherderby.com/weblog/blogger.html
      Mark your calendar for the Sixth Annual AYE Conference
      Phoenix, AZ || November 6-9, 2005|| www.ayeconference.com