Job Posting -- J&J/BabyCenter

  • Steve Fram
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2005
      We have not has openings for some time, but are now looking
      for 1-2 good developers -- agile experience is a huge
      plus in our shop. You can send resumes right to me, if
      you are interested. We have a great culture, a very interesting
      mix of people, and top-management support for Scrum:
      I personally support it, and our President (Mari Baker)
      used to run Product Development at Intuit, and is highly
      supportive.

      You might also drop me a line if you are interested only
      in full-time employment. At minimum, I'd like to keep your
      name in mind, for when the next full-time job opens up.

      Thanks!

      Steve Fram
      VP Engineering
      BabyCenter, L.L.C.

      As experts in the online business, BabyCenter develops web properties
      and tools for its parent company, Johnson & Johnson. We are seeking
      motivated and accomplished software developers, to support these
      development activities. Broadly, the web properties relate to online
      disease management, and online marketing of J&J brands (which span
      everything from tylenol to band-aids, to coronary artery stents).

      Based on performance, there is a possibility for full-time work
      following
      the initial contract period.

      Specifically, we are looking for talented individuals, with at least 5
      years experience in:

      - Java / Object Oriented programming,
      - Web Application development
      - JSP and/or ATG/Dynamo programming

      Skills:
      - Java, J2EE, Jakarta Struts
      - SQL, XML
      - UNIX/LINUX
      - Experience with Web application servers, such as ATG/Dynamo or
      Tomcat

      We use the Agile/Scrum development methodology, which favors
      team-oriented people, with great communication skills. (it's also
      fun).