RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Handling bugs in SCRUM

  • Schiel James - SHS Malvern
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2005
      Chuck, for only having a formal process for a month or so, I'd say you've
      got an excellent concept going. You've hit on all of the same elements that
      I've tried to work into my team's processes. The opportunistic approach to
      managing CRs is the best way to handle them -- over the years, I've learned
      that CRs take the same amount of effort to report, whether they're critical
      or simply mis-spellings on the UI. A responsible development team quickly
      learns to recognize the difference between the critical CRs that really need
      attention and the CRs that are pretending to be critical today but rapidly
      lose their sense of urgency if told to wait a few days.

      What I'm interested in hearing more about is how to handle the really
      critical "fix me now"-type CRs. Are they handled outside your Sprints? Who
      modifies your tests to validate the completed CR? Does the modified software
      get "introduced" into the domain of the Sprint and then tested with the rest
      of the Sprint's software? If you handle your urgent/critical CRs within the
      Sprint, how do you add them and how do you manage work effort overruns?

      Thanks for sharing!!

      Jim Schiel

      Thank you