RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: FW: [object-technology] [Jeff Sutherland's Object Technology Web Site] Agile Development: Reforming Project Management

  • Mike Cohn
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2002
      Agreed--I don't come anywhere close to using a Gantt chart to drive
      daily activities. I do use it to try to find the critical chain in a
      project and then I use that as part of the macro-planning process. Even
      on agile projects there can be dependencies between tasks that can delay
      a project. These types of things are not hard to find with just the
      tiniest bit of upfront consideration.

      I also checked. My most recent Gantt chart was January 25 and outlined 6
      sprints for a project predicted to end on 7/19 (which actually shipped
      to its beta sites on 7/17). So--I hope no one thinks I'm Gantt-happy; I
      just don't write them off entirely.

      --Mike