Binary Milestones

  • Todd Hartle
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2005
      I have been trying to convince upper management to utilize binary
      milestones on project plans. We are already implementing miniature
      milestones (broken down to 4-16 hour tasks) so it would seem a logical
      progression.

      However, I have meet with resistance as it seems they are wanting
      developers to everyday enter time spent on a particular task and the
      amount of time remaining on the task; argh! The thinking here I
      believe is so that actual work vesus estimated work can be tracked
      somehow. (Trying to run before we can walk in my book.)

      Any advice on how to help sell binary milestones or
      studies/papers/articles showing the benefit of such is greatly
      appreciated. Thanks.