RE: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 176

  • Lowell Lindstrom
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2002
      > From: "Laurent Bossavit" <laurent@...>
      > Lowell:
      >
      > > My belief is that anything that gets people exposed to the
      > > values and principles and gets them trying the practices is good for
      > > XP and Agile.
      >
      > When you say "anything", do you really mean *anything* ?

      Let's see. Would I run naked through OOPSLA with XP, Agile, C,S,F,C
      tattooed on my rear? Probably not ;-).

      Was there specific "anything" that you had in mind?
    • Laurent Bossavit
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2002
        > > When you say "anything", do you really mean *anything* ?
        >
        > Let's see. Would I run naked through OOPSLA with XP, Agile, C,S,F,C
        > tattooed on my rear? Probably not ;-).

        It would certainly take some Courage... At the risk of sounding *too*
        serious, may I ask seriously why you would "probably not" do that ?

        > Was there specific "anything" that you had in mind?

        I would have said. We've established that when you say "anything",
        you don't necessarily mean just any old thing, and there are limits;
        if it's not the case that "any exposure to XP is good exposure",
        perhaps the concerns that Ken voiced, and which Ron apparently shares
        or shared, need to be adressed more fully.

        Keep in mind that I haven't seen enough of it yet to offer any
        criticism of the XP Plugin itself, or much feedback of any sort.
        Previous to Ken's post, it hadn't even occurred to me to have a look
        at it - partly because I was under the impression I could never
        afford to.

        Cheers,

        -[Morendil]-
        If a program is useless, it will have to be documented.
      • Mike Cohn
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2002
          Running naked through OOPSLA would expose YOU, not them! :) So it may
          not qualify.

          --Mike

          > > My belief is that anything that gets people exposed to the
          > > values and principles and gets them trying the practices is good for

          > > XP and Agile.
          >
          > When you say "anything", do you really mean *anything* ?

          Let's see. Would I run naked through OOPSLA with XP, Agile, C,S,F,C
          tattooed on my rear? Probably not ;-).

          Was there specific "anything" that you had in mind?

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/