ScrumMaster.xla Excel file for Mac OS X?

  • untzkhan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hello,

      I am going to be taking the ScrumMaster course in San Diego, next week.

      I use a Mac G4 PowerBook as my primary computer... I have the
      ScrumMaster.xla file but when I tried to load it into Excel 2004, I
      get this error:

      "Can not load object because its not available on this machine". It
      seems to be a Visual Basic error...

      Has anyone else experienced the same problem? A friend of mine took
      the ScrumMaster course, and said that he received the Excel file, but
      he said that in the course, that they used XPlanner instead... Should
      I install XPlanner, prior to the ScrumMaster course?

      Thanks for your help...

      --Unnsse
    • kurosaka
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2005
        > I use a Mac G4 PowerBook as my primary computer... I have the
        > ScrumMaster.xla file but when I tried to load it into Excel 2004, I
        > get this error:
        >
        > "Can not load object because its not available on this machine". It
        > seems to be a Visual Basic error...

        You'd have to dowload and install some calendar control or something
        from Microsoft web site. Search the mail archive. It's been
        discussed in the past. Good luck.

        -Kuro
      • untzkhan
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "kurosaka" <kuro@s...> wrote:

          > > I use a Mac G4 PowerBook as my primary computer... I have the
          > > ScrumMaster.xla file but when I tried to load it into Excel 2004, I
          > > get this error:
          > >
          > > "Can not load object because its not available on this machine". It
          > > seems to be a Visual Basic error...
          >
          > You'd have to dowload and install some calendar control or something
          > from Microsoft web site. Search the mail archive. It's been
          > discussed in the past. Good luck.
          >
          > -Kuro

          Thanks for the response... I've searched the mail archive and the only
          results that come up under the search terms "Excel", "calendar",
          "COM", and "OCX", and still haven't found any relevant message...
          After speaking with several ScrumMasters, I learned that the Excel
          add-on is not even used in the course.

          Cheers,

          Unnsse