Re: [scrumdevelopment] Non-User Items in Product Backlog

  • Gary Feldman
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 25, 2005
      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > Yes. I'd like to see that value made more explicit in the story. The
      > exercise would help the developers decide if it's worth while, and
      > would help the customers decide when to schedule it.

      Actually, the first thing that occurred to me is to spike it by setting up a Subversion server and using the tool they provide for importing subversion libraries. Either they'll be up and running in an hour - in which case, it's justified if only for the morale boost - or else they'll get a cheap lesson in how much work it really is.

      But at the risk of seeming self-serving, the other thought that occurred to me is to look at hiring someone with Subversion experience to do the conversion, setting up the backups, porting any triggers, reviewing the security issues, and providing an hour or two of class training. That would at least put a dollar amount on the cost.

      Gary