Re: [scrumdevelopment] Questions on using SCRUM

  • Jeff Sutherland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2005
      I've been recommending to companies that, if the outsourced team is
      large enough and working on separable pieces that they be run as a
      Scrum in India. The company that built the Bloomba email client did
      exactly that.

      For smaller groups that are attached to teams, I recommend that a
      single person on the local team be the proxy for the outsourced people
      and report on their status at the daily local Scrum. This person must
      work with the outsourced team multiple times a week on their schedule,
      running it as a mini-scrum. This means they are talking to them in the
      evening if they are in India. This is only when the time different for
      the outsourced team makes it impossible for the local team to include
      them during working hours.

      Jeff Sutherland

      --
      Jeff Sutherland, Ph.D.