Re: Summer internship

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2005
      Hi Manish.

      I notice that Fog Creek has summer internships. Not sure if it
      provides what you need, but why not check it out? Mentioned at the
      bottom of this page:
      http://fogcreek.com/

      Best of luck!
      deb

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Manish Singhal"
      <manish_singhal2k2@r...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I am an Information Technology student currently doing my five year
      dual degree course, B.Tech (bachelors) + M.Tech(masters). I am
      currently in penultimate year of my course at Indian Institute of
      Information Technology & Management, Gwl - India.

      > My motive to writing to this group is to explore the possibility of
      a 12 week summer internship frm May-Jul '05 on agile technologies.

      > Sir, I am very much interested in the agile technologies and i have
      been working on mobile agents since last few months. I have worked on
      Aglets. And have published a paper on the same.

      > Your suggestions are kindly requested about the same.
      >
      > Thanking you and hoping you will provide useful pointers regarding
      the same.

      > Manish Singhal
      > IIITM, India
      >

      > My Resume :
      > -----------
      >
      > Name : Manish Singhal
      > Gender : Male
      > Date of Birth: 10th May 1984
      > Nationality : Indian
      > Phone No. : +91-0751-5051379
      >

      > I am a full time five year dual degree 5 year course (Integrated
      Post
      > Graduate ­B.Tech+M.Tech) student, currently in penultimate year, at
      the
      > Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior.
      >

      > Education:
      > · Currently in fourth year of 5 yr Integrated Post
      > Graduate(B.Tech+M.Tech) in Information Technology Indian Institute
      of
      > Information Technology & Management, Gwalior, India(2001-2006);
      > Cumulative GPA - 7.8/10 after 6 semesters, Latest SGPA(sixth sem) -
      8.54/10

      > · Senior Secondary (Junior College) : June 2000-May
      2001 ,Percentage: 83%.

      > . High School : April 1998 - April 1999, School: Air Force Vidya
      > Bharati, Percentage: 85% .
      >
      > . Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering ( GATE) Score = 94.54% .
      >

      > Programing Skills:
      > Languages : C / C++ / VC++, Java, VB, Assembly (8085 &
      8086).
      > Operating Systems : Fedora Linux, Windows NT/9X, DOS (core).
      > Scripting Languages : Javascript, Shell Scripting in Linux (Bash),
      PHP,
      > Perl Databases : Oracle 9i,SQL SERVER 2000, MySQL
      > Software Tools : MATLAB , Rational Rose
      > Libraries : Aglets2.2(Java based Mobile Agents lib),
      OpenGL
      > Application Development : J2EE (web Technology)
      >

      > Projects Undertaken:
      >
      > 1. Currently working on Network Monitoring & Management using Mobile
      > agents to improve overall efficiency.
      >
      > 2. FUZZY Data Mining tool for decision support on customer
      insolvency in telecommunication business. Guides : Dr. B.K.Mohanty
      (Indian Institute Of Management , Lucknow), Dr. R. Sahu (IIITM, Gwl).
      It classifies the customers of a telcom company into potentially
      insolvent or solvent classes. The main challenge was to make a tool
      with very high accuracy for its commercial utilization. For this we
      have developed a new fuzzy ID3 decision tree algorithm. Tools Used :
      Matlab, MSExcel

      > 3. Worked on grid based systems on Globus toolkit.
      >
      > 4. CTI based Call Center Software, under Ministry of Science &
      Technology, Govt. of India. This is a complete Computer Telephony
      Interface based call center software project, being undertaken by
      IIITM-Gwl with industrial collaboration with S.M.Telesys, Noida,
      India. The software interfaces with PABX telephone server hardware
      using dialogic cards. The software is based on three tier distributed
      architecture.Tools & Techniques used: SQL Server 2000, VB6,
      distributed COM objects, socket programming for client-server
      interaction.

      > 5. Personnel Information System, an MIS for Public relations
      department , Govt. of M.P. , at CRISP Bhopal.

      > 6. Software Cost Estimation Tool using JAVA as a part of Software
      > Engineering Course.
      >
      > 7. Network Applications : Remote Port Scanner , FTP ,Remote Spell
      Checker, Mail Client , Chatting

      > 8.Implemented VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) (Developed as
      part of
      > the Internet Technologies course).
      >
      > Miscellaneous : Implemented Video conferencing at IIITM campus (in
      System analysis and design project), shell based command interpreter
      for Linux(in Operating systems course).

      > Student Level Papers and Publications:
      > 1. Mobile Agent Based Distributed Approach to Network Management.
      Selected at CIT 2004, 7th International conference on Information
      technology held in dec, 2004.

      > 2. Fuzzy Decision Tree based Data Mining algorithm to solve the
      problem of Customer Insolvency in Telecommunication Business.

      > Awards and Achievements:
      > Academic-
      >
      > . Got 94.54 Percentile in GATE, All India test.
      > · Software Selected in Technical conference at IIT-Roorkee :
      Automatic
      > Text Simplification Software (implemented C++) for readers with
      Aphasia
      > disease (people who cannot resolve pronouns).
      > · Won 2nd prize in Web Designing Contest at "Infotsav-2002", All
      India
      > level technical festival held at IIITM Gwalior.
      > · Got certificate of distinctive performance in National Mathematics
      > Olympiad at school level.
      > · Cleared National Level Science Talent Search Examination ­ 1999.
      > · Won special recognition prize in higher secondary for securing
      highest marks in Computer Science at school level.

      > Other distinctions/Extra curricular activities-
      >
      > · Got through one of the most competitive examination that of entry
      > IIITM. With an all India rank of 49 pictured amongst top 0.125% of
      about 40,000 students who appeared for the exam.