Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Musings pdf

  • Anthony S. Vita
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 27, 2004
      Folks,
      I was able to read and print the pdf just fine.

      An avid yet lurking Agile devotee.
      Tony Vita
      Anchorage, Alaska

      Ron Jeffries wrote:
      On Sunday, December 26, 2004, at 10:28:36 PM, Ken Schwaber wrote:

      I posted a pdf of some 23 musings about Scrum at www.controlchaos.com,
      "news and events" on the right hand frame. Several are dated, but many
      are applicable to conversations that have gone on recently at this
      news group. The latest musing is of predictions I have regarding Scrum
      and Agile.

      Ken: I'd love to read this but it crashes my PDF reader, trying to
      go to page 2, every time. I mention it here on the list rather than
      privately, to see whether it's just me or everyone.

      Those who attain to any excellence commonly spend life in some single
      pursuit, for excellence is not often gained upon easier terms.
         -- Samuel Johnson

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/9EfwlB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Pete Bevin
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 27, 2004
        Ken,

        What does this mean? (point 4 on page 5)

        "They are enabled to let specific tasks require to create an increment of
        functionality emerge as the iteration progresses; they are expected to
        be able to make perfection predictions."

        Pete (I'm a newbie, please don't flame me!)

        On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:28:36 -0000, Ken Schwaber
        <ken.schwaber@...> wrote:

        > I posted a pdf of some 23 musings about Scrum at www.controlchaos.com,
        > "news and events" on the right hand frame. Several are dated, but many
        > are applicable to conversations that have gone on recently at this
        > news group. The latest musing is of predictions I have regarding Scrum
        > and Agile.
        > Enjoy and Happy New Year,
        > Ken

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ken Schwaber
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 27, 2004
          Just like the Product Backlog, we let the Sprint Backlog tasks emerge during
          the Sprint. The balance is between emergence and a team not managing and
          thinking through its work. The second sentence makes perfect sense with the
          word "not" between "expected" and "to".

          <ken.schwaber@...> wrote:

          > I posted a pdf of some 23 musings about Scrum at www.controlchaos.com,
          > "news and events" on the right hand frame. Several are dated, but many
          > are applicable to conversations that have gone on recently at this
          > news group. The latest musing is of predictions I have regarding Scrum
          > and Agile.
          > Enjoy and Happy New Year,
          > Ken

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Deb
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 27, 2004
            I'm using an old version (Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0) and it's ok.
            deb

            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony S. Vita"
            <tvita@b...> wrote:
            > Folks,
            > I was able to read and print the pdf just fine.
            >
            > An avid yet lurking Agile devotee.
            > Tony Vita
            > Anchorage, Alaska
            >
            > Ron Jeffries wrote:
            > >
            > >Ken: I'd love to read this but it crashes my PDF reader, trying to
            > >go to page 2, every time. I mention it here on the list rather than
            > >privately, to see whether it's just me or everyone.
            > >
            > >Ron Jeffries
            > >www.XProgramming.com
            > >Those who attain to any excellence commonly spend life in some single
            > >pursuit, for excellence is not often gained upon easier terms.
            > > -- Samuel Johnson
          • Mike Dwyer
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 27, 2004
              I have
              C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\reflow.api
              Version 6.0.0.2003051500
              Creation Date 2003/05/15
              Creation Time 12:09:04 AM
              C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\weblink.api
              Version 6.0.1.2003110300
              Creation Date 2003/11/03
              Creation Time 2:45:04 PM

              Works fine.
              Michael F. Dwyer

              Mike.Dwyer1@...

              <tvita@b...> wrote:
              > Folks,
              > I was able to read and print the pdf just fine.
              >
              > An avid yet lurking Agile devotee.
              > Tony Vita
              > Anchorage, Alaska
              >
              > Ron Jeffries wrote:
              > >
              > >Ken: I'd love to read this but it crashes my PDF reader, trying to
              > >go to page 2, every time. I mention it here on the list rather than
              > >privately, to see whether it's just me or everyone.
              > >
              > >Ron Jeffries
              > >www.XProgramming.com
              > >Those who attain to any excellence commonly spend life in some single
              > >pursuit, for excellence is not often gained upon easier terms.
              > > -- Samuel Johnson

              Yahoo! Groups Links