Scrum makes it onto TV! ("Silicon Valley" show on HBO)

    Message 1 of 3 , May 7 2:08 PM

      WARNING:  If you watch the real show, there is a fair amount vulgarity and sexual innuendo portrayed, so I recommend you watch it first before showing to others.

      Scrum mentioned fairly heavily on "Silicon Valley" HBO tv show in USA. Episode 5 is where Scrum is mentioned, about halfway through 30 minute episode:
      http://www.hbogo.com/?camp=GoG829#series/video&assetID=GOROSTGP42732?videoMode=infopagePreview/
      (You have to be an HBO subscriber or some such to watch it, but you can see the Release Burndown in the thumbnail)

      The scene is funny, and they don't totally murder Scrum(in terms portraying it) in the scene, and there is also talk about User Stories.  The scene pitches it as the two main programmers are now in competition to get things done faster now that their progress is so highly visible on the Scrum board.  Clearly the DoD is not spoken about, but the timebox/transparency pressure is on!

      This is a "commentary show" to the real show(available on YouTube):
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUjcXxzejKc
      Scrum is discussed at 18:45 for about 3 minutes.

      Anyone know who is advising the show?  I was surprised that they didn't totally screw it up.

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      Professional Scrum Trainer
      Scrum Coach-in-Chief
      http://ScrumCrazy.com

    • Adam Sroka

        Message 3 of 3 , May 8 11:21 AM
          I agree with you Adam, Thinking in a positive way (How could we improve next time?) it is much better  than declare "Failed" Sprint.

          Att.

          Paulo Crespo Pereira, SwE, ITIL, PSM-I