Method to Help Detect Problems When Using Scrum

  • mprksc
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2013
      Hi all,

      Since last year, I have been working on a way to make it easier for ScrumMasters to monitor a project to improve its chances of success. I think many of us have heard about people complaining about Scrum but they don't even know what they are talking about or worked on a project in which Scrum was VERY poorly used (ScrumBut?), correct?

      With these in mind, I developed a method, based in scientific evidences, to help the detection of errors in Scrum's usage. My MSc's thesis was based in this work, I had a few articles published in international conferences and plan to keep working on this during my PhD.

      This method uses a probabilistic model that has a very easy to use interface and that can be used on Scrum projects' without adding much effort. See it as one more tool for Retrospectives. If you are interested, please, take a look at the article I wrote for ScrumAlliance: http://www.scrumalliance.org/community/articles/2013/september/a-method-to-help-detecting-problems-in-scrum-s-usa

      Looking forward to receive feedback!

      Cheers,

      Mirko Perkusich
      D.Sc Candidate in Computer Science at Universidade Federal de Campina Grande
      ScrumMaster at Signove Tecnologia S/A
    • Gercel Silva

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2013
          Very nice Mr. Perkusich!

          This would be very helpful in our company. Thank you for sharing :)

          Mark Verayo, PSM I

          Jr. Product Manager at Nova Founders

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 28, 2013
              Hi Gercel,

              To put in practice, you would need the tool to execute the model. The tool is not ready yet, but I could set up an online survey for you to send me data. I could execute the model here and send you the results. Does that sound good?

              Best regards,

              Mirko

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2013
                Thanks Mark. I will let you know whenever I have a tool ready for use!

                From: mark.verayo@...
                To: SCRUMDEVELOPMENT@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 00:53:30 -0800

                Excellent Mr Perkusich!