Re: [scrumdevelopment] Product Owner is a pig, right?

  • Peter Trudelle
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 31, 2013
      Even back in the 'barnyard' days of Scrum, the PO was the pig of the product, and the SM was the pig of the process.  I'd want the team to get some coaching based on Ken & Jeff's latest version, which I'm sure will continue to avoid such polarizing metaphors.

      Peter

      On 7/31/13 8:26 AM, ken wrote:

      Thank you! For any team that has nothing better to do than discuss animal metaphors, I'll offer this: The PO is the customer, you're the vendor, if you're not 'selling' what the customer wants then the customer will find another vendor.

      My perspective, it keeps me focused.

      Ken

      Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2013
        Did they get confused where the PO is a chicken at the Daily Scrum?? But a Pig in all other cases...in the past not the present

        --

        Regards
        Joy Kelsey

      • Adam Sroka

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 2, 2013

              Hey now.

              Stop dogging on the chickens and pigs.

              Kidding.

              Heh.

              Just coming from a guy that has created some personas over the years for them with the comic strips at www.implementingscrum.com.

              There are some good posts there about this topic. Remember. The Chicken and Pig story is just that. A story.

              Everyone is a person and deserves respect.

              The comics and blog postings may be almost classic scrum historic stuff but many of the things I wrote over the many many years there are still applicable today.

              I may resurface some of the old strips into newer discussions. But it's scary how many of the postings and comic strips still ring true for people today.

              Thank you.

              Mike Vizdos
              www.michaelvizdos.com/contact
              Www.implementingscrum.com