Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum and/vs. Continuous integration and development

  • Kevin Callahan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 11, 2013
      Hi Pito,

      I think it's a differentiation of abstraction between why/how/what.

      As I understand it, CI is an engineering practice that I would in this context classify as a "what." Scrum is a process that I would classify as a "how." Agile is so loosely defined that it is applied to all 3 contexts, though again personally, I use it as a why, a set of beliefs about the world and how we interact in it.

      So I agree with you that they are not alternatives as it's a bit like arguing the floors of a multi-story building are not the same; they cannot be.

      Hope that helps,

      -k

      On Jul 11, 2013, at 1:23 PM, Pito Salas wrote:

      I was talking to someone today who was making the argument that continuous integration and development were 'alternatives' to agile and scrum. I would have thought that they are complementary, that you can run your development and project with agile or scrum or a variant and elect to embrace continuous integration and deployment.

      Are there any good references or articles that someone can point to which address this question?

      Kevin Callahan
      Scrum Master & Agile Coach
      LiveWorld Inc.

      Mobile+1 (207) 691-2997