New and Improved User Story Lifeycle Diagram — Free Creative Commons PDF download!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2013
      I've updated my User Story Life Cycle diagram -- See below.

      I'd appreciate any feedback you might have.  (Also, some good User Story links at bottom of blog post)

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      Professional Scrum Trainer
      Scrum Coach-in-Chief
      ScrumCrazy.com

      New and Improved User Story Lifeycle Diagram — Free Creative Commons PDF download!

      by charlesbradley
      I had a designer friend update my User Story Lifecycle diagram, and she did a fantastic job!  You can download the PDF here:  http://www.scrumcrazy.com/lifecycle
      New and Improved Diagram:
      UserStoryLifeCycle_final_lg
      The Older Diagram(also still available at the above link):
      UserStoryLifecyclexm

      Other Good User Story Links

      Comment   See all comments

      -------

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 24, 2013
        Hi Charles,

        On Jun 23, 2013, at 11:19 PM, Charles Bradley - Professional Scrum Trainer and Coach <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

        I'd appreciate any feedback you might have.  (Also, some good User Story links at bottom of blog post)

        Why is the last part called Death and Legacy, while talking about acceptance tests, which keep you alive and non-legacy? Seems odd ...

      • Cass Dalton

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2013
            Ron,

            Point taken, and thank you for pointing that out.

            It was originally meant to mean the "death of the user story" as a tangible concept(as opposed to use cases which were some sort of living document), and then the acceptance tests are the "legacy" of the user story, as in a (generally postive) "human" legacy that outlives the human.

            Looking at it now, though, I don't like it for the reasons you mentioned.  :-)

            This is one of the reasons I love this list.

            Any ideas on what I should call that last phase?

            -------

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 24, 2013
              Thanks for the feedback Cass, many good points.  As an aside, I enjoy reading your emails.

              Scrum On!

              -------

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 24, 2013
                Deployment, operation, continuing improvement, …
                On Jun 24, 2013, at 4:17 PM, Charles Bradley - Professional Scrum Trainer and Coach <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

                Any ideas on what I should call that last phase?

                Sometimes you just have to stop holding on with both hands, both feet, and your tail, to get someplace better.
                Of course you might plummet to the earth and die, but probably not: you were made for this.

              • Alan Dayley