Re: [scrumdevelopment] Looking for Agile assessment service

  • Kevin Callahan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
      Jean you may have luck in either the Silicon Valley Agile Meetup or the San Francisco Agile User Group. I just signed up for both this week as well. Hope that helps!

      -k

      On Jun 12, 2013, at 9:38 AM, Jean Richardson wrote:

      Jason, a number of folks provide this kind of service.  Tool vendors who also provide training, such as VersionOne and Rally, for example, do.

      I’m familiar with Mike Cottmeyer’s assessment tool, and it’s a good one.  You can reach him at mike@...

      --- Jean

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
        Well....I’m one of the coaches for one of the tool vendors mentioned below, and I can tell you that we are adamant about separating Agile from Tool.  I can’t speak directly for other tool makers, but I can say that in conversation they tend to have the same attitude.

        There is no one way to be Agile, thank goodness.  A good coach, whomever they work for, will work on helping to find the behaviors and practices that help agility emerge in that team.  Whether it be Kanban, XP, Scrum or some crazy mixture of all three, what remains important is self-awareness and willingness to change.  I really do believe that all of the coaches with whom I’ve worked feel the same way.

        In this case, considering what the OP is asking, I also would recommend Mike Cottmeyer.  I’ve worked with him on such assessments in the past and he does a great job.

        Steve Ropa

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
          Steve,

          > we are adamant about separating Agile from Tool.

          That's good to hear, and you've mentioned this to me in the past.  Great attitude.

          -------

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2013
            Hi Jason,

            I'm an Agile trainer and coach, and the owner at Agile Unlimited, a
            company in Santa Rosa focusing on helping organizations enhance their
            productivity.

            I think I may be able to provide what you're looking for. Please feel
            free to reply by message or email if you'd like to have a conversation
            about your specific needs.

            Best wishes,
            Steve Bockman