Looking for Agile assessment service

  • Jason H
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2013
      Hi there,

      I am looking for an assessment service of our current Agile process that I've recently put in for a couple of development teams in eBay Classifieds. Preferably this team/individual can also guide us towards a transformation to Kanban, and if Kanban also makes sense from our organization structure.

      Can anyone here recommend some names, or companies that provide this type of service?

      NOTE - we are based in San Jose, CA. So locals are definitely preferred.

      Thanks!
    • Jean Richardson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013

        Jason, a number of folks provide this kind of service.  Tool vendors who also provide training, such as VersionOne and Rally, for example, do.

        I’m familiar with Mike Cottmeyer’s assessment tool, and it’s a good one.  You can reach him at mike@...

        --- Jean

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
          Jean you may have luck in either the Silicon Valley Agile Meetup or the San Francisco Agile User Group. I just signed up for both this week as well. Hope that helps!

          -k

          On Jun 12, 2013, at 9:38 AM, Jean Richardson wrote:

          Jason, a number of folks provide this kind of service.  Tool vendors who also provide training, such as VersionOne and Rally, for example, do.

          I’m familiar with Mike Cottmeyer’s assessment tool, and it’s a good one.  You can reach him at mike@...

          --- Jean

          I am looking for an assessment service of our current Agile process that I've recently put in for a couple of development teams in eBay Classifieds. Preferably this team/individual can also guide us towards a transformation to Kanban, and if Kanban also makes sense from our organization structure.

          Can anyone here recommend some names, or companies that provide this type of service?

          NOTE - we are based in San Jose, CA. So locals are definitely preferred.

          Thanks!

          Kevin Callahan
          Scrum Master & Agile Coach
          LiveWorld Inc.

          Mobile+1 (207) 691-2997
          Emailkcallahan@...
          Skypekevmocal
          Webwww.liveworld.com

          Follow UsFacebook Twitter LinkedIn

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
            I'd be wary of going the "tool vendor" route... While some of their folks are great, remember that, first and foremost, those companies are tool vendors.

            My experience with several of the leading tools is that many of them lead you down a certain path of Scrum/Agile, rather than let you inspect and adapt your way to a more optimum route.

            -------
            Charles Bradley
            Professional Scrum Trainer
            Scrum Coach-in-Chief
            ScrumCrazy.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
              Well....I’m one of the coaches for one of the tool vendors mentioned below, and I can tell you that we are adamant about separating Agile from Tool.  I can’t speak directly for other tool makers, but I can say that in conversation they tend to have the same attitude.

              There is no one way to be Agile, thank goodness.  A good coach, whomever they work for, will work on helping to find the behaviors and practices that help agility emerge in that team.  Whether it be Kanban, XP, Scrum or some crazy mixture of all three, what remains important is self-awareness and willingness to change.  I really do believe that all of the coaches with whom I’ve worked feel the same way.

              In this case, considering what the OP is asking, I also would recommend Mike Cottmeyer.  I’ve worked with him on such assessments in the past and he does a great job.

              Steve Ropa

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
                Steve,

                > we are adamant about separating Agile from Tool.

                That's good to hear, and you've mentioned this to me in the past.  Great attitude.

                -------

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 13, 2013
                  Hi Jason,

                  I'm an Agile trainer and coach, and the owner at Agile Unlimited, a
                  company in Santa Rosa focusing on helping organizations enhance their
                  productivity.

                  I think I may be able to provide what you're looking for. Please feel
                  free to reply by message or email if you'd like to have a conversation
                  about your specific needs.

                  Best wishes,
                  Steve Bockman