Re: Distributed team - tools for Story Mapping

  • gregc
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013
      Ram,

      I'm dealing with the same issue with a team. After looking at a bunch of tools, I took a step back and asked what's the simplest way I can solve the problem. I settled on Trello. It's not a perfect match with what you can do on a physical wall. But we create a Trello board for each release (current and upcoming). If something get's postponed, the card is moved to the upcoming board. If it gets pushed from upcoming it moves to the icebox.

      We just started doing this, so it's too early to declare success. But it seems to be reasonable.

      -greg

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Ram Srinivasan <vasan.ram@...> wrote:

      > I am helping a distributed team (PO and developers in different locations)
      > and though, personally, I like "physical" story maps better, the team would
      > need an electronic tool for story mapping.
      >
      > Which electronic tool(s) have you used for "virtual" story maps?
      > Considering that we are currently using excel/google spread sheet to manage
      > stories, it would be great if the tool would have an "import" feature (so
      > that we need not write stories again) . Some form of "export" functionality
      > will be nice to have feature.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Ram

    • Michael Dubakov
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2013
        TargetProcess 3 supports live updates (so all changes are visible right away). Here is how story map looks like (you can add releases columns if you want as well)

        http://cl.ly/OZ2a

        Best,
        Michael Dubakov
        http://www.targetprocess.com/3