Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: [Scrum] Distributed team - tools for Story Mapping

  • Dinesh Sharma
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
      Mark,
      Please see Linked Card feature in Swift Kanban. You can get more details on this help page. http://help.swift-kanban.com/ getting-started/projects/ cards/managing-traceability- links.html.

      Thanks & Regards,
      Dinesh Sharma

      From: Mark Levison <mark@...>
      To: scrumalliance <scrumalliance@...>
      Cc: Scrumdevelopment <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, 22 April 2013, 15:08
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Re: [Scrum] Distributed team - tools for Story Mapping

      Dinesh - I'm confused. I don't see how Swift Kanban supports Story Mapping at all. Could you send a picture that gets the point across? The only feature I could find that related to our goal.

      Confused in Ottawa
      Mark

      On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Dinesh Sharma <dino.sharma@...> wrote:
      Ram,
      I have used Swift-Kanban tool that provides a very nice Story mapping feature in form of mind mapping. I used it in a very large project and its worth trying. There is a free community version that you can use and see if it serves the purpose.

      Thanks,
      Dinesh

      On 9 April 2013 16:51, Ram Srinivasan <vasan.ram@...> wrote:
      I am helping a distributed team (PO and developers in different locations) and though, personally, I like "physical" story maps better, the team would need an electronic tool for story mapping.

      Which electronic tool(s) have you used for "virtual" story maps? Considering that we are currently using excel/google spread sheet to manage stories, it would be great if the tool would have an "import" feature  (so that we need not write stories again) . Some form of "export" functionality will be nice to have feature.

      Thanks,
      Ram

      Many Thanks,
      Dinesh Sharma

      "You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win & expect to win." - Zig Ziglar

      Cheers
      Mark Levison
      Agile Pain Relief Consulting | Writing
      Proud Sponsor of Agile Tour Gatineau Ottawa Nov 28, Toronto 26 and Montreal 24

    • Michael James
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2014
        A customer who is suffering with Jira just asked about this, and I was unable to come up with a wholehearted recommendation of any electronic tool.
        —mj
        (Michael)

        On Nov 6, 2014, at 4:30 PM, Francisco Sanchez <ing.fran12@...> wrote:

        I recommend a tool called Trello: www.trello.com