Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum works on a team with multiple projects?

  • Leonardo Nunes
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 19 2:16 PM
      "A scrum team should not work on multiple projects." ???

      So what i have to do? Forget Scrum? Really?

      --
      Leonardo Nunes
    • Mark Levison
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 30 7:06 AM
        Mark - this discussion proves the earlier point. Project says nothing about size and so its unclear how big a thing you're describing. Leonardo's projects were anything from hours to weeks. Yours are months to a year. Its likely they have little in common.

        I hereby declare the word "project" retired. If I see it used again I will take it out behind the barn and shoot it :-)

        Cheers
        Mark

        On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:02 AM, woynam <woyna@...> wrote:

        I never said our teams are context switching between projects. I simply stated that a project is a large epic. As such, it needs to be broken down into smaller features/stories. Our teams usually work on one project, with an average of 4 iterations.

        Thus, projects themselves are not the problem. How you prioritize and execute them is the rub.

        Of course, if one has huge projects, then there will be pressure to work on multiple projects concurrently, as the business side generally doesn't like to hear that their project will be starting in 12 months.

        The key, as usual, is to develop the skills to reduce features down to the smallest possible size that still provides business value.

        Mark

        --
        Cheers
        Mark Levison