Re: CONCERN: over continuing Schisming/Fragmentation of Scrum & Agile

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 107 , Apr 19, 2013
      Ron:

      Re your suggestion of "consider devoting more of your time to things you can do" - Indeed, I am already doing that. And I object to your somewhat insulting characterization of me as "tell[ing} other people what they should do" - unless you consider offering an **opinion** and having a **conviction** on how the agile community can come together better and address real issues of concern to the business as "Telling you what to do". In that case - following your logic - I suggest we all get out of the business of offering opinions and feedback on these forums.

      I do **not** consider myself an "Agile Thought Leader" as I simply haven't been in that space and devoted the necessary thought time to it that you and other AM signers and Agile thought leaders have - and accordingly do not have the credibility to "**establish** agile standards" (which is a key component of what I am pressing for}. Therefore whatever I "devote my time to things I can do" won't have any (at least of the "degree" of) relevancy on this particular objective. Rather - it is guys like you, Dan, Mark, Charles, Ken, Jeff, etc. that in the space to be able to acheive this objective. If you and others choose not to do so, that is of course your decision - I would never presume to "tell you to do it". I agree, however, that the consequences of doing so (as stated more succinctly and in more detail) by other agile leaders on this forum is that at some point the Scrum Alliance thought leadership will start "being bupassed" (for lack of a better description), particularly if the Alliance chooses to ignore the issues of scaling and also of continued divergence of Agile & Scrum.

      > Doug,
      >
      > On Apr 18, 2013, at 5:23 PM, "Doug" <dshelton94501@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I believe at this point I may have exhausted my available energy to push this issue/effort any further, despite my firm conviction of the value of doing so. Therefore I'll drop this issue on the forums if it appears none of you agile leaders are willing to carry the torch on this - - -On the other hand, if some of you Do see value (and probably more to the point - can find a reserve of Energy - and Time - to devote to this - let me know and I'll try and keep the ball rolling.
      >

      > With all sincerity I suggest that you might consider devoting more of your time to things you can do, and less of it to telling other people what they should do.
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way. -- Jessica Rabbit

    • A Narasimhan
      Message 107 of 107 , Apr 21, 2013
        Thanks a lot, George.
        Rgds-AN

        Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:55 PM
        Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] CONCERN: over continuing Schisming/Fragmentation of Scrum & Agile

        AN,

        On 4/20/13 10:16 AM, A Narasimhan wrote:

        > Hi:
        > Recently there was a mail on Agile Scaling by Ron Jeffries which went
        > something
        > like this:
        > ‘Collaboration works in a team but not so much in a building...’ etc.
        > There were several points covered in that mail on scaling. I somehow
        > deleted that mail.
        > Can someone re-send the mail please...You could also send it to my
        > personal mail
        > mailto:an.narasimhan%40yahoo.co.in <mailto:mailto:an.narasimhan%40yahoo.co.in>
        > Rgds-AN

        Every email has a trailer that includes:

        > Visit Your Group
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment

        You can go there to search for messages.

        - George