Re: [scrumdevelopment] CSM?

  • Jean Richardson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17 1:00 PM
      Mwallenstein --

      I think it depends on why you are getting a cert. In some markets, the CSM is a common recruiting screening criteria. The PSM doesn't have as much market penetration--yet.

      If you're already in an org and have proven you can lead a Scrum team, the cert may not matter as much--until you try to talk to colleagues outside your org.

      -- Jean

      From: Alex Chastinet <alexchastinet@...>
      Sender: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:51:04 -0300
      To: <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] CSM?

      Hi,

      There are two broadly known Scrum Master certifications, the CSM (Scrum Alliance) and PSM (Scrum.org).

      Regards,
      Alex

      2013/4/17 mwallastein <mwallastein@...>

      Hello,

      I am new to the Scrum master certs. I see the ISI scrum-institute.org having their own certification. What is the industry standard? Does it really matter where you get the CSM cert as long as you have the experience?

      Many thanks!