CSM?

  • mwallastein
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
      Hello,

      I am new to the Scrum master certs. I see the ISI scrum-institute.org having their own certification. What is the industry standard? Does it really matter where you get the CSM cert as long as you have the experience?

      Many thanks!
    • Alex Chastinet
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
        Hi,

        There are two broadly known Scrum Master certifications, the CSM (Scrum Alliance) and PSM (Scrum.org).

        Regards,
        Alex

        2013/4/17 mwallastein <mwallastein@...>

        Hello,

        I am new to the Scrum master certs. I see the ISI scrum-institute.org having their own certification. What is the industry standard? Does it really matter where you get the CSM cert as long as you have the experience?

        Many thanks!

      • Jean Richardson
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2013
          Mwallenstein --

          I think it depends on why you are getting a cert. In some markets, the CSM is a common recruiting screening criteria. The PSM doesn't have as much market penetration--yet.

          If you're already in an org and have proven you can lead a Scrum team, the cert may not matter as much--until you try to talk to colleagues outside your org.

          -- Jean

          From: Alex Chastinet <alexchastinet@...>
          Sender: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:51:04 -0300