Re: [scrumdevelopment] Planning Poker online tool which support observers

  • Andrew Burrows
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
      Hey Ram,

      It's not perfect, but you can support observers by using the "force complete" function, so observers don't need to vote.

      Andrew

      On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Ram Srinivasan <vasan.ram@...> wrote:

      Thanks to Mike Cohn for making PlanningPoker.com available to all of us, free of charge. Its simple and quite easy to use.  I like the fact that all cards flip over when the last person has given his estimate.

      The tool, in its current version, does not support observers.  Do you know of an online Planning Poker tool which can support observers (say Product Owner/Scrum Master) ?

      Thanks,
      Ram

    • Ajay Reddy
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
        Ram -
        You can try scrumdo.com. It has a built-in planning poker that allows observers (i.e they don't need to vote).
        Let me know what you think.
        (Disclaimer: I work for scrumdo.com,All- sorry for the appearance of promotion- Responding to Ram's question below)

        Ajay

        Ajay Reddy Agile Lead
        Tel: (617) 800-9263 | Fax: (508) 499-2115
        www.codegenesys.com
        ajay.reddy@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
          Ram,

          I've used to the tool before exactly as you suggest, and I had the observers put in a ? mark every time.

          I'm not aware of another online planning poker tool.

          -------
          Charles Bradley
          Professional Scrum Trainer
          Scrum Coach-in-Chief
          ScrumCrazy.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2013
            Ajay,

            IMHO, you answered on point, without any inappropriate promotion.  Thank you for the tip.

            -------