Re: [scrumdevelopment] CONCERN: over continuing Schisming/Fragmentation of Scrum & Agile

    Message 1 of 107 , Apr 10, 2013
      Hi Kurt,

      On Apr 10, 2013, at 11:56 AM, Kurt Häusler <kurt.haeusler@...> wrote:

      Well if you care,  I was referencing this discussion thread here:
      https://www.xing.com/net/scrummaster/fragen-und-antworten-zu-scrum-q-a-115531/two-sets-of-different-rules-for-the-same-game-called-scrum-43870898
      I don't know if you have to be a member of the xing-group or not to
      see it. The first post is in English, but the followups are in German
      (Xing seems dominated by German speakers). The OP actually mentions
      that the post is in English specifically because it was originally an
      expression of concern communicated to the scrum alliance via the
      contact form at agileatlas.org.

      The thread is not useful to me, being in German :)

      The original concerns do not seem particularly significant to me. For example, the "flexibility" remark in the Guide is explanatory, not definitional. And I think our text communicates the same notion of leaving room in what's to be done. I could be wrong, of course.

      I do not recall receiving any mail from that individual via the contact form or otherwise, but again I could be wrong.

      My answer to the question of whether Scrum Guide or Core should be taken as definitional is that, first, there is no intended contradiction between the two, and second, that Scrum is not a thing that can be defined, only described, so that they are both descriptions.

      If they did differ in some substantive way … which I believe they do not … I'd probably lean toward Scrum Guide over the one I wrote.
      Wisdom begins when we learn the difference between "that makes no sense" and "I don't understand". -- Mary Doria Russell

    • A Narasimhan
      Message 107 of 107 , Apr 21, 2013
        Thanks a lot, George.
        Rgds-AN

        Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:55 PM
        Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] CONCERN: over continuing Schisming/Fragmentation of Scrum & Agile

        AN,

        On 4/20/13 10:16 AM, A Narasimhan wrote:

        > Hi:
        > Recently there was a mail on Agile Scaling by Ron Jeffries which went
        > something
        > like this:
        > ‘Collaboration works in a team but not so much in a building...’ etc.
        > There were several points covered in that mail on scaling. I somehow
        > deleted that mail.
        > Can someone re-send the mail please...You could also send it to my
        > personal mail
        > mailto:an.narasimhan%40yahoo.co.in <mailto:mailto:an.narasimhan%40yahoo.co.in>
        > Rgds-AN

        Every email has a trailer that includes:

        > Visit Your Group
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment

        You can go there to search for messages.

        - George