Is agile suitable for my project?

  • Ashish Mahajan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19 9:54 AM
      Many a times, you must have come across a question. Is Agile suitable
      for my Project?
      There are many studies done. For example

      1.Boehm and Turner(Balancing Agility and Discipline) that indicates
      various parameters such as Personal , Dynamism, Culture for Agile
      Suitability
      2.Michael Sahota (An Agile Adoption and Transformation Survival Guide)
      where he talks about culture of an organization that make it suitable
      for Agile/Kanban/XP to adopt.

      Considering that "Agile" is defined by the Agile Manifesto (4 values
      and the 12 principles), I think all projects can be done with Agile.
      What do you think?

      Sent from my iPad
    • Pierre Neis
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19 10:07 AM
        Hi,
        The question is not if agile is suitable, the question is what's the project? what's purpose? when? for who?
        budget? team?
        Tell me what is in your cupboard?

        Then if you're ready with the scope, you got an idea on how you will manage it.

        .... and you guess that agile is now mainstream

        Kind regards, cordialement, mit freundliche Grüsse,

        Pierre E. Neis
        Scrum/Lean Coach - Senior Management Consultant

        Agir Anticiper Durablement sarl
        19 place Bleech |L-7610 Larochette | Luxembourg
        M: +352 661 727 867

        email:  pierre.neis@...
        web:    http://wecompany.wordpress.com/
        Meet with mehttp://meetwith.me/pierreneis

        about.me LinkedIn
        Contact me: Skype pierre.neis

        On 19 March 2013 17:54, Ashish Mahajan <agileashish@...> wrote:

        Many a times, you must have come across a question. Is Agile suitable
        for my Project?
        There are many studies done. For example

        1.Boehm and Turner(Balancing Agility and Discipline) that indicates
        various parameters such as Personal , Dynamism, Culture for Agile
        Suitability
        2.Michael Sahota (An Agile Adoption and Transformation Survival Guide)
        where he talks about culture of an organization that make it suitable
        for Agile/Kanban/XP to adopt.

        Considering that "Agile" is defined by the Agile Manifesto (4 values
        and the 12 principles), I think all projects can be done with Agile.
        What do you think?

        Sent from my iPad

      • Michael James