Re: [scrumdevelopment] Yahoo bans working from home. Command and control, or reasonable constraint?

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 27, 2013
      MJ,

      I know you're not asking me to speak for Ken Schwaber or to try to explain why he said some random quote.  ;-)

      I was speaking of Agile, not necessarily Scrum, but while we're on that topic...

      Ken is heavily involved in our Scrum.org courses(that I teach, as a PST), and in one of our courses we make the point (paraphrasing) that Scrum teams are always self organizing and rarely self managing.  (I'm not speaking for Ken or Scrum.org, obviously -- just myself)

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      Scrum Coach-in-Chief
      ScrumCrazy.com

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 28, 2013

        > Marisa has broken at least one principle of Agile Manifesto:
        >
        > *"Build projects around motivated individuals.
        > Give them the environment and support they need,
        > and trust them to get the job done."*
        >
        > She is not supporting the need of employees that gave birth, only hers.

        I'd be careful going in this direction. IMO, it comes off as sexist, but that is me. Also, we do not know, but perhaps one of the commitments she has made is to provide world-class daycare and nursery facilities at Yahoo? If she did that, that would show she was serious about making the Yahoo! the best place to work at.

        Carlton