Re: [scrumdevelopment] Request for reference/reading material - Developer Stories

    Message 1 of 107 , Feb 25, 2013
      Ron,

      > If the PO is not controlling all their time, there will be trust issues.

      Interesting that you mention that.  I've kind of found the opposite, and maybe that's because the teams I coach are often Shu level teams, co-located, where the PO is also internal to the org.  As such, the org/dev team is somewhat used to being able to call a "refactorpalooza" whenever they want(and any number of other bad habits).  I've found, on many occasions, that when the Dev Team mentions to the PO that they need to work on technical debt, or technical improvement (experimenting with a new tool, etc)for a small percentage of the sprint -- they are usually like "Ok, no worries."  It's like some sort of respect from the PO-- "I'm not technical, so I trust that you're doing the right thing here -- and I won't make a big deal out of it since it's a small percentage and I know you won't let it torpedo my features.  I'm the 'what' person -- you all are the 'how' people -- so I won't interfere in stuff I have no clue about.".  It's almost as if the PO is *too* trusting, in most of the cases I've observed.

      If the software is being developed for an external, paying customer, I could totally see how it might create trust issues if the PO did not control all of the dev team's time.

      Anyway, thanks for the feedback.  This is an area that I just don't feel like, we as a community, have a great answer for -- and maybe that's ok.  Your and Bill's articles are certainly a good start.

      -------
      Charles Bradley
      Scrum Coach-in-Chief
      ScrumCrazy.com

      Message 107 of 107 , Apr 21, 2013
        Thanks a lot, George.
        Rgds-AN

        Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:55 PM
        Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] CONCERN: over continuing Schisming/Fragmentation of Scrum & Agile

        AN,

        On 4/20/13 10:16 AM, A Narasimhan wrote:

        > Hi:
        > Recently there was a mail on Agile Scaling by Ron Jeffries which went
        > something
        > like this:
        > ‘Collaboration works in a team but not so much in a building...’ etc.
        > There were several points covered in that mail on scaling. I somehow
        > deleted that mail.
        > Can someone re-send the mail please...You could also send it to my
        > personal mail
        > mailto:an.narasimhan%40yahoo.co.in <mailto:mailto:an.narasimhan%40yahoo.co.in>
        > Rgds-AN

        Every email has a trailer that includes:

        > Visit Your Group
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment

        You can go there to search for messages.

        - George