Re: [scrumdevelopment] Request for reference/reading material - Developer Stories

    Message 1 of 107 , Feb 25, 2013
      Hi Charles,

      On Feb 25, 2013, at 7:01 PM, Charles Bradley - Professional Scrum Trainer and Coach <chuck-lists2@...> wrote:

      I think some of this comes down to a disagreement between you and I on whether the PO gets to control all work being done by the Dev Team or not.   My view is that the self organizing dev team can choose how much PB to take on, and what they do with the rest of their time in the sprint is completely up to them -- so long as they are completely transparent about what they are spending their time on, and as such, can be held accountable for their actions.

      If the PO is not controlling all their time, there will be trust issues. In addition, it is rare -- tho perhaps not unheard of -- for teams to really need to back off much on the features in order to clean the code. Cleaning code in areas we're not putting features in is speculative and therefore inherently a bad idea. Cleaning code in feature areas is just what we do.

      That said, if the team decides to back off on its support of features -- which I do not recommend -- then that work, by the nature of the assumption, is not product backlog items.

      Yin and Yang I figure.
        -- Tom Jeffries

    • A Narasimhan
      Message 107 of 107 , Apr 21 7:50 AM
        Thanks a lot, George.
        Rgds-AN

        Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:55 PM
        Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] CONCERN: over continuing Schisming/Fragmentation of Scrum & Agile

        AN,

        On 4/20/13 10:16 AM, A Narasimhan wrote:

        > Hi:
        > Recently there was a mail on Agile Scaling by Ron Jeffries which went
        > something
        > like this:
        > ‘Collaboration works in a team but not so much in a building...’ etc.
        > There were several points covered in that mail on scaling. I somehow
        > deleted that mail.
        > Can someone re-send the mail please...You could also send it to my
        > personal mail
        > mailto:an.narasimhan%40yahoo.co.in <mailto:mailto:an.narasimhan%40yahoo.co.in>
        > Rgds-AN

        Every email has a trailer that includes:

        > Visit Your Group
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrumdevelopment

        You can go there to search for messages.

        - George