Re: [scrumdevelopment] Need some help to buy right book for CSM certification

  • Bobby Testing
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 18, 2013
      Thanks Ron! Yeah I understood that I have to attend the course and then I have to give the test to get certified . My plan is to go through one book about scrum so that i can understand and relate to what they teach in the class and I want to give the test right after it.

      I am looking at Feb 21 and 22nd for the classes in Morrisville ( NC state) to attend the class.

      Thanks
      -Bobby

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 18, 2013
        Thanks Barry!

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
          Bobby,

          On Jan 18, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Bobby Testing <bobby.testing@...> wrote:

          I am working in the agile ( scrum) for about 2 years now. I have pretty much confortable with it but not sure how much i have to be prepared for CSM certification. I am looking in terms of certification .

          You must take the class, and pass the test. If you take the class, passing the test should be quite easy.

          That is all it takes to get the CSM. To get good at Scrum requires practice and study. But all it takes to get CSM is the class and the test.
          Don't ignore your dreams; don't work too much; say what you think; cultivate friendships; be happy. -- Paul Graham

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
            > the test should be quite easy.

            I concur, it will probably be pretty easy just after the course.  You get two tries and you only need to score a 69% on one of them in order to pass.  You also get an hour to answer the 35 questions.

            -------
            Charles Bradley
            Scrum Coach-in-Chief
            ScrumCrazy.com

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013

                And.

                When you decide to take the CSM class or workshop look around at the options.

                Email or speak with the people doing the teaching over the two days (ask to speak with the person not the sales people) and read about them out on the Internet. There are many styles out there and I love it when people ask questions ahead of time and after the various workshops I facilitate.

                You are on your journey already. Go in with an open beginners mindset and you may be surprised!

                Mike Vizdos